Please join us for the sixth annual Celebrating Women, Transforming Lives spring luncheon with Bridge Communities! On Friday, April 22, 2016, you will meet outstanding women in the DuPage Community as we honor the Hinsdale Junior Woman’s Club with the Transforming Lives award for their philanthropy in DuPage County; and for the Life Transformed, we acknowledge Bridge Communities graduate Lisa McNeeley, whose life has been truly transformed. Please join us as we celebrate their incredible commitment and talents to make our community a better place.
Tickets are now available! Click here to purchase yours today.
Thank you for your commitment to the women of Bridge Communities. We look forward to celebrating with you on April 22!
As a friend of Bridge, you know that we’re committed to helping all members of each Bridge family achieve success. For some families, that means extra tutoring, for a range of students: kids in elementary school through Bridge parents taking college courses. Can you volunteer as a tutor?
Bridge Communities is in need of certified teachers and volunteers with tutoring experience who can lend their expertise to help vulnerable families.
As a tutor, you’d meet with your student once or twice each week, for one hour per session. Tutoring is performed on a one-to-one basis, and takes place in one of our four Learning Resource Centers located in Glen Ellyn, Glendale Heights, Naperville and Westmont, or one of our other Tutor Centers in Glen Ellyn, Addison and Woodridge.
If you’d like to learn more about becoming a tutor, please call Bridge’s Director of Children’s Programs, Jill Garbaliauskas, at (815) 955-9558 or you can reach her by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for all you do for Bridge families!
We asked you to Break the Cycle of Homelessness for the 230 children in the Bridge program. Now, because of your compassion and generosity, we are one important step closer to doing just that.
To kick off our expanded children’s services, we have hired our first full-time Director of Children’s Programs, Ms. Jill Garbaliauskas. Under Jill’s leadership, and through your generosity, Bridge kids will begin to heal from the trauma of homelessness. The addition of Jill to our team is just the first step to ensure that Bridge kids have what they need to break the cycle of poverty in their family–permanently.
Over the course of the next several months, as more community partners, volunteers and donors join our mission, Jill will connect Bridge kids to the health and educational community-based services they need to thrive. I look forward to updating you on the kids’ progress and successes. Thank you for believing in these kids!
We believe, like you, that all children deserve the opportunity to reach their potential, and Bridge children are no different from anyone else’s in that respect. They deserve to wake up every morning in a safe home, go to school and eat dinner with their families every night. They deserve normalcy, consistency, security.
But, everyone knows that life is about a lot more than that, isn’t it?
It’s about Dylan bringing home his very first “A” on a math test, and proudly hanging it on the refrigerator.
It’s about watching Jorie, who was once too scared to speak, now confidently performing in the school talent show.
It’s about Angela making the basketball team, and not having to worry about the cost of the sports fees.
It’s about letting Angela, Dylan and Jorie be just like their peers that never experienced homelessness. It’s about teaching them to believe in themselves, and to know they are capable and worthy of achieving greatness. And it’s about giving families what they need to grow stronger, together.
I know you believe in the children of Bridge Communities, and that if we can give them these opportunities, then we should.
But, time is running out. In order to fully invest in these children, Bridge Communities needs to raise $262,000 by midnight tomorrow. Will you commit to help Bridge children Break the Cycle of Homelessness? You can make sure that all Bridge kids are connected to the future they deserve.
Let’s give Bridge children the opportunity to bounce back, stronger than ever. Please click here to make a gift in honor of the 230 Bridge children, because you are critical to their success.
- Developmental assessment and case management of each child
- Support groups for children recovering from trauma, divorce and loss
- Sports, clubs and enrichment activities
- College prep, including campus tours, ACT tutoring, application assistance and scholarships
- Parenting classes and training for parents on how to advocate within their child’s school system
- Resources to connect parents to school districts, counselors, medical providers, and community centers, so children can continue to receive services long after they graduate from Bridge.
- Post Your #Unselfie. Once you’ve made your pledge, click here to download and print your pledge sign. Take an #unselfie photo with it, then post it to your social media accounts on #GivingTuesday to let the world know you’re paying it forward. Please be sure to use the hashtag #GivingTuesday when you post, and link to Bridge’s Facebook page or website!
- Update Your Profile Picture. Make a statement of your support for Bridge families, and update your profile picture tomorrow. Click here to download a Facebook-friendly logo, and share on your social media accounts to spread the word about #GivingTuesday!
- Share Bridge Family Stories. Show your friends and family exactly why you’ve pledged to Give a Tuesday on #GivingTuesday: because of the Bridge families that need you. Click here for downloadable images and stories of Bridge families to share on Facebook and Twitter.